Tours are on Wednesday August 30 2017 during the week of the conference. All tours have an 8 am departure from Ottawa by bus and return to Ottawa by 6 pm in the same bus. See the full schedule here. A boxed lunch is included in all tours. A technical tour is included with Symposium registration.
Note: All tours except for ‘Suburban Ottawa’ and ‘Downtown Ottawa’ are now full.
- Montreal (FULL): A guided tour of heritage sites in the core of Montreal, including Old Montreal and Pointe a Callieres Museum of Archaeology and History.
- Kingston (FULL): A guided tour of heritage sites in Kingston and area, including sections of the Rideau Canal World Heritage Site, Fort Henry, Martello Tower, and Queen’s University.
- Ottawa (FULL): A guided walking tour of the Parliamentary Precinct and environs, including sections of the Rideau Canal World Heritage Site.
- Small-Town Ontario (FULL): A multi-stop tour to Almonte and Perth. Adaptive reuse of textile mills, Rideau Canal Waterway system, heritage rehabilitation structures, Algonquin College Heritage Institute.
- NEW! Suburban Ottawa: A tour highlighting the post-WWII developments in Ottawa. Mix of modern architecture and suburban townships.
- NEW! Downtown Ottawa: This tour explores Ottawa’s pedestrian downtown core including the Sparks street mall, many Federal and Municipal Heritage buildings, and a guided water cruise!